English Olympiad Syllabus & Pattern - Class 2
- SOF's IEO is a renowned English Olympiad.
- Levels: Two levels and only top 5% students from level 1 qualify for level 2. However, for class 1 & 2 there is no second level.
- Exam date: Click here to check exams dates
- General Syllabus:
- Word and Structure Knowledge : Collocations, Spellings, Synonyms, Antonyms, Identify the word from the Picture, Words Related to Animals, Phrases, Idioms, Nouns, Pronouns, Verbs, Adverbs, Adjectives, Articles, Prepositions, Conjunctions, Contractions, Word order, Punctuation, Simple tenses.
- Reading : Search for and retrieve information from various text types like stories, short dialogues, etc. Acquire broad understanding of and look for specific information in short texts like messages, invitations, etc.
- Spoken and Written Expression : Ability to understand situation-based variations in functions like thanking, greeting, asking for permission, introducing (oneself), etc.
- Generic Pattern:
- Total Questions 35. First 30 questions carries 1 mark each and last 5 questions are achiever's section questions and carry 2 marks each.
- Total Marks : 40
Swastick Book Box integrates with IEO Class - 2 - SBB provides comprehensive practice material in the form of toolkit and works as Olympiad Tester of your preparation. SBB IEO toolkit contains 5 tests for each chapter, 3 mock tests and 10 sample tests. All these tests are designed as per the actual Olympiad examinations pattern. These being multiple choice questions, students must understand and analyze each question thoroughly. It helps them to identify their weak areas and practice those on a regular basis. This further makes it easy for them when they participate in the final exam and compete with others.