English Olympiad Syllabus & Pattern - Class 5
- SOF's IEO is a renowned English Olympiad.
- Levels: Two levels and only top 5% students from level 1 qualify for level 2. However, for class 1 & 2 there is no second level.
- Exam date: Click here to check exams dates
- Word and Structure Knowledge : Spellings, Collocations, Idioms, Homonyms and homophones, Synonyms, Antonyms, Nouns, Pronouns, Verbs and Phrasal Verbs, Adverbs, Adjectives, Articles, Prepositions, Conjunctions, Punctuation, Tenses, Active-Passive Voice and Reported Speech, etc.
- Reading : Search for and retrieve information from various text types like News headlines, Messages, Letters, etc., Understand information given in News reports, Time-tables, Messages, etc., Acquire broad understanding of and look for specific information in short texts like messages, menu card dialogues, etc.
- Spoken and Written Expression : Ability to understand situation-based variations in functions like Requests, Refusals, Apologies, etc.
- Total Questions 50. First 45 questions carries 1 mark each and last 5 questions are achiever's section questions and carry 3 marks each.
- Total Marks : 60
Swastick Book Box integrates with IEO Class - 5 - SBB provides comprehensive practice material in the form of toolkit and works as Olympiad Tester of your preparation. SBB IEO toolkit contains 5 tests for each chapter [approx. 85 chapter test], 3 mock tests and 10 sample tests. All these tests are designed as per the actual Olympiad examinations pattern. These being multiple choice questions, students must understand and analyze each question thoroughly. It helps them to identify their weak areas and practice those on a regular basis. This further makes it easy for them when they participate in the final exam and compete with others.