English Olympiad Syllabus & Pattern - Class 7
- SOF's IEO is a renowned English Olympiad.
- Levels: Two levels and only top 5% students from level 1 qualify for level 2. However, for class 1 & 2 there is no second level.
- Exam date: Click here to check exams dates
- Generic Syllabus:
- Word and Structure Knowledge : Spellings, Collocations and Words related to Travel, Locations, Activities, Homonyms and Homophones, etc. Synonyms, Antonyms, Analogies and Spellings, One word, Phrasal verbs and Idioms, Modals, Word order, Nouns, Pronouns, Verbs, Adverbs, Adjectives, Articles, Prepositions, Conjunctions, Punctuation, Tenses, Voices and Narration, etc.
- Reading : Search for and retrieve information from various text types like News stories, Brochures, Formal and informal letters and advertisements. Understand information given in News reports, Brochures, Itinerary, etc., Acquire broad understanding of and look for specific information in short narratives, Biographies, Notices and Messages, etc.
- Spoken and Written Expression : Ability to understand situation-based variations in functions like requesting and refusing, Apologies and stating of preferences and expression of intent, etc.
- Generic Pattern:
- Total Questions 50. First 45 questions carries 1 mark each and last 5 questions are achiever's section questions and carry 3 marks each.
- Total Marks : 60
Swastick Book Box integrates with IEO Class - 7 - SBB provides comprehensive practice material in the form of toolkit and works as Olympiad Tester of your preparation. SBB IEO toolkit contains 5 tests for each chapter [approx. 85 chapter test], 3 mock tests and 10 sample tests. All these tests are designed as per the actual Olympiad examinations pattern. These being multiple choice questions, students must understand and analyze each question thoroughly. It helps them to identify their weak areas and practice those on a regular basis. This further makes it easy for them when they participate in the final exam and compete with others.